Thursday, February 09, 2006

Simple Things of Beauty




The weather has been so unseasonably nice that I can walk to work, and I'll just be cold -not frozen to death by the time I reach it. I live on a tree-lined street, and it was here that I spotted this bird co-op as I approached my house on my way home from work. You can't see them all in the picture, but there are 7 nests in this one tree! It struck me as quite nice, to see that they had their own little community going on (or at least did have it going on).

I was intriqued by it, as I am fascinated by the ingenuity of birds, and the way they make their nests. When I reached my house, I spotted beneath my own gigantic tree a teeny, tiny nest that had fallen from it. It is soooo small and cute. I couldn't help but wonder if this was a sign of some sort.

These are simple things of beauty, but aren't they the best kind?

Copyright 2006

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License. No part(s) of the stories contained within this blog may be redistributed commercially without prior written authorization from the author.