Friday, March 17, 2006

Now I Know Why...

"Guess I'll always a dreamer
Dreaming my life away, dreaming my life away
A romantic fool, that's what I am
I think about you, all day long
Though it's impossible, for us together
Oh it's not real, a love I can't feel

Guess I'll always be a dreamer
Dreaming my life away, dreaming my life away
I just can't wait, till I go to sleep
I'll be with you, all night long
Circumstances held me in a terrible face
It's fantasy, I just like to share these moments together

Guess I'll always be a dreamer
Dreaming my life away, dreaming my life away
And nothing comes but sleep, to a dreamer
And when you wake up the dream is gone away

Guess I'll always be a dreamer
Dreaming my life away, dreaming my life away
Guess I'll always be a dreamer
Dreaming my life away, dreaming my life away"

Lyrics by The Jacksons, Dreamer

Day 4

On Wednesday, my co-workers and I needed to get our plan together on how we were going to get to the airport in time to catch our flights. Everyone wanted to get together over lunch to discuss the plan. I text the Hot One, during a break and told him that we wouldn’t be able to have lunch. At lunch, I found out that everyone wanted to go to the hotel restaurant. Hmmm, a plan quickly formed in my head. Being the rebel that I am, I told them I wanted to go to Bellini’s, one last time for their Verde Blanco. It was my excuse to see if I could meet up with the Hot One. Even if I couldn’t, I figured that I would still enjoy a nice meal in a cool atmosphere.

I called the Hot One from the restaurant, and since it is on the lower level near the garage our reception was pretty bad. Before one call was dropped I told him that I was on a lunch break, and asked if he was available for lunch. He said “Now? You text me earlier that you couldn’t make it.” “I know, I said and relayed my maneuvering. “Well, I’m all sweaty and in sweats now.” “Hmmm”, I said, “What have you been doing?” I asked coyly. Ugh! Why did I ask that? Did I really want to know? Was it really any of my business? “I just got back from the gym.” He answered. Then the call dropped. I ran all over the restaurant, inside and out, and to the garage trying to get a signal. I finally did. He said, “How long are you going to be there?” I have about an hour.” I told him. “If I don’t see you now, will I be able to see you later?” He asked. “No.” I said. I have to catch a flight right after the training is over.” “I’ll be there in 10 minutes.” He said. I smiled. No, I cheesed. Then the call dropped!

I didn’t know if he knew where Bellini’s was. “Oh Shit!” I tried calling him back. I couldn’t get a signal. I was able to text him, and hoped that it would go through eventually. “I’m at Bellini’s. Do you know it?” I went back to my table, where my waitress was waiting to serve me. I sat there staring at my phone waiting for a message that my text was sent. I finally got one. But would he come? I occupied myself by eating and reading a local newspaper. I was finished with my lunch and just waiting for the bill. I figured he couldn't make it (not cheesing now). Then, I looked up and there he was. Look’in all good in his sweat suit. I cheesed again. “Oh, I was wondering if you would make it.” I said nonchalantly. “I text you back that I would.” He said. “Hmm, I haven’t gotten anything.”, and as soon as I said it, his text came through. “I know it. Be right there.” It said.

I paid my bill and we left. We walked to his car and sat in it for our remaining time. We talked about all sorts of things: His mama, his dad, his buiness, his paper chase, and his life. He was a pretty cool cat. Alas, it was time for me to head back to finish the training. The Hot One asked me if I wanted him to kiss me again. “Do you want me to kiss you again?” I asked. “Yeah”, he said as he leaned over and gave me another long and sweet kiss.

We said that we would keep in touch, but I don’t think we will. Distance and circumstance would make it very difficult. Plus, I sense that we are looking for different things. Even though he claims he is a nerd, I suspect he is more a playa. In fact, I suspect he is a playa, player, and gets "it" thrown at him all the time. Looking and acting as he does, why wouldn’t he? Those lucky ladies in OK get to hear "Sweetheart" and "Darlin" all the time!

Sigh. I had a great time in Ok. Even though I only spent 4 long days, and 4 short nights, at least I can say that now I know why Okie’s say “Oklahoma is OK!”

Now I am back up North, sitting for a spell, and pondering my romantic future. I have met some great men, just not the right man (at least that hasn’t been revealed to me yet). It's so much harder to find him, when you live in isolation! Until I meet him, I guess I will continue to be the dreamer and fantasizer that I am, moving forward with the business at hand. I’ll go through the motions of observing the daily grind, and go to sleep at night looking forward to the next’s days possibilities. While that is not at all a bad life, at some point (now!), I’d like to know that when I wake up, I’ll find that my dream and fantasy is real, and he is sleeping right beside me.

Copyright 2006

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License. No part(s) of the stories contained within this blog may be redistributed commercially without prior written authorization from the author.