Monday, December 18, 2006

Nay’s Anatomy an Observant Musing on Grey’s Anatomy

As we near the end of 2006, I have to address something that has boggled my mind this whole year. In this Observant Musing (or Observant Ranting if you will), I have to express my dismay at the Grey’s Anatomy producers, and well, the public at-large. First, let me say, I love the show! It is because I love it that I can no longer sit idly by and watch the “Mc” phenomenon sweep the country, without adding my 2 cents worth about it.

Dr. Shepherd as McDreamy: Yes, he’s cute. He has great hair and a charming demeanor. Ok, I give you that.

Dr. Sloan as McSteamy: Well. Ok. He is rather HOT. He’s working that facial hair isn’t he? Well-groomed. Who doesn’t love that?

Now the “Mc” moniker has even spilled over to another show with a McTreemy. And he too, is someone nice to look at.

But, ummm, excuse me, someone or two have been left out of the “Mc” fuss. And it’s got my panties all in a bunch!

Why haven’t Dr. Burke and the Chief been elevated to “Mc” status? Are they not extremely McGood-looking as much as the others? Are they not 2 of the most attractive doctors on the show? I Mcthink so! So then, where is their hype? I have waited the whole year for the situation to be rectified, and at this late date, I am still waiting. Well, I can wait no longer.

Let’s review, shall we?

Have you seen the Chief’s (Richard Webber) smile? It is beautiful! It is brilliant! He is so fine! I just love the salt and pepper look (and the goatee works for me too!). He is distinquished. He is classicly handsome. He is well-built. Just because he is the mature one, doesn’t mean he should be ignored by this trend. I now proclaim him “McGleamy” in honor of his beautiful smile (which they should give him a story line that allows him to do more of) and his beautiful brown eyes.

Moving on. Has anyone taken a look at Dr. Preston Burke at all?! I mean come on! His chiseled features are to be envied. I’d love to run my fingers along his chiseled jaw line. He too is my kinda guy! Have you seen his Mcbody in a tight sweater? Also, the man’s skin is perfect! His skin looks like the type of chocolate that if you're handling it right-melts in your hands as well as, your mouth. How can he go so unnoticed, so un “Mc’d”? I am McFlabbergasted! I just don’t McGet it! Is there something else at play here, when a man that good-looking and talented has yet to be crowned king of the “Mc’s”? Hmmm, I wonder…

Well, I guess I am going to have to do what the producers/writers have neglected for far too long to do.

In honor of his delectable, creamy cocoa skin, I now proclaim Dr. Burke “McChocolate Creamy”. Or "McCreamy" for short.

Yep, I would certainly love to have either of these men “attending” to me.

Ok, I feel a bit better about the whole “Mc” thing. Thanks for letting me get that off...a certain part of my anatomy.

Copyright 2006

2 Comments:

Blogger YBW said...

Naylene, I must say that I completely agree with you about Dr. Burke, that is one sexy chocolate man, and I need them to upgrade him too. So bravo on your observations, and on that whole bringing sexy back tip... Well my dear that is, as we youngins say, what's up.

2:33 PM  
Blogger Naylene said...

Ma'at,
Thank you for feel'in me on this. Now, if only the writers will get the hint. Also, thanks for your appreciation of bringing Sexy Back. Happy New Year!
Naylene

7:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License. No part(s) of the stories contained within this blog may be redistributed commercially without prior written authorization from the author.