Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Scenario: Puedo Tocarlo/Can I Touch It?

The manager at the new video store in my neighborhood is very attractive. He is so strapping and fine, that it has led me to rent more videos, more often than necessary, and more often than I care to admit.

I just can’t help it, he is so damn fine to look at! See, I have a thing for big men, with closely shaved hair or bald heads, and sporting goatees. When you throw in a rack of beautiful teeth, beautiful skin and nice hands like his… well I get to fantasizing all over the place. I mean day dreaming in the grocery store, on the way to work, at work, at the gym, in my bed at night and in the morning. He’s got a sistah worked up!

One day, I stopped by the store, and asked him to look up my video card number. I had my card in my wallet, but hey, it was an excuse to get his attention. He asked me for my Id, and tried to stifle a giggle when he read my name- Tika. “Tick-a?” He asked. “No”, I said. “It’s Tee-ka, the ‘i’ is pronounced as you would a Spanish “i”, and that's pronounced like you would an English “E”. I said it rather cockily. Having had a bit of Spanish language lessons in college-I knew what I was talking about. “Oh,” he replied. I saw that his name was Ricky. I left the video store that day, but returned the next for more videos.

Ever since then we've had a flirt thing going on, and I know he wants me, as much as I want him to have me. However, I am a bit of a traditionalist, in some respects, so I wouldn't ask him out. He’s the man. That’s his job. Now, I understand that women with the stones to ask a man out, have the busiest social lives, but I am not that liberated yet. It is something I am working on though. Until then, I’ll just have to take my chances that I can remain the bait, and be someone’s catch, rather than vice versa.

Anyway, Ricky’s window of opportunity was rapidly closing for him to ask me out, as I would soon be taking a job in another state. He didn’t know that though. A week before I was to leave he finally asked me to dinner. I gladly accepted.

Over dinner, I asked him if “Ricky” was short for Richard. He told me "No.", that it was short for Enriqué. He told me his father was Cuban, and his mother was African-American. “Hablas español? I asked sheepishly. “Si, hablo español.” He replied-a bit cockily. “Oh.” I said, shrinking inside, and thinking back to the lesson I’d given him on how to pronounce my name. “Ooops.”

“Hablo español, tambien!” I said excitedly. I had gotten one of my degrees in Spanish, but rarely used the language. Although I could barely put a sentence together, I was always willing to give it a try, no matter how long it took me to form that 1 sentence. Yep, I am a classic text book learner with no real world application. “So, you’re an Afritino.” I said. “A what?” He asked suspiciously.

“See”, I explained. “In college I did a research paper on Latinos from South to Central America of African heritage . It was then that I coined the term “Afritino” and “Afritina”, and “Afritinos” as a group that combined both heritages.” “Wow, that’s pretty clever he said. “I’m going to have to use that.” “Yeah, it saved me a lot of time typing. I didn’t have to keep saying “Puerto Ricans of African descent, or Mexicans of African descent, and El Salvadorians of African descent, and so on and so forth. My teacher understood after I introduced each region I was speaking about once, from there on out. I got an “A” on that paper.” I said proudly.

Ricky was staring deeply into my eyes. I couldn't tell if he was impressed by a smart woman, or hungry for a fine one. His ebony eyes were piercing right through me, and I became a little self concious. We finished our meals and I invited him back to my humble abode- made humbler by my lack of belongings. Everything was packed up but the couch, the bed, and a few daily necessities.

I offered him a choice of a glass of water or the lone wine cooler that remained in my fridge. He opted for the glass of water, and quickly drank it down, as we sat on the couch. “So, you don’t have much stuff for a woman.” He said, as he eyed my sparse surroundings. “Oh, I have a lot of stuff, but it’s in storage for now. I’m moving in 2 days for a new job in Connecticut.” “Que! Haces un chiste, no?” “No, no estoy bromeando.” I said. “Really?” He asked. “Really,” I said. “I’m not joking. You shouldn’t have waited so long to ask me out. Look at all that time wasted…”

He leaned into me, and pulled me to him, kissing me hard with surprisingly soft lips. I couldn’t help but let my hands roam down his shoulders and across his broad back. Then he asked me if I had a bed. I did, but we wouldn’t be using it. “Yes, I still have a bed until Friday, but we won’t be getting any tonight, if that’s what you’re thinking.”

“Why not?” He asked. “Because I’m not going to do it with you, when I’m leaving in a couple of days! What kind of girl do you think I am?” I said playfully.
“That’s why we should do it. You don’t know how long it will be until you get some again. This will tide you over.” He had a point, but still. “You got a point there, but the answer is still “No.”

Puedo tocarlo? He asked slyly. “Tsk, ah, no.” I said- feigning indignance. "Please Tika, just let me touch it once." MMMMMM! How sexy is a little bit of begging from someone fine? Damn Sexy!

“Ok.” I said, just one touch. I stood up and unfastened my jeans, exposing my panties. He pulled them down, and reached out to touch me there. Then he raised his hand to his nose, and inhaled deeply. “Por favor, otra vez.” I started laughing, "Ok, one more time, but that is it!"

What happens next?

Copyright 2006

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a tease you are, Naylene... that's my girl! :)

6:17 PM  
Blogger Naylene said...

Me? A tease? No way! I only aim to please! ;O)

6:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License. No part(s) of the stories contained within this blog may be redistributed commercially without prior written authorization from the author.