Sunday, January 15, 2006

O.M. The Diary of a Bad Black Woman-Day 1

Day 1, Monday Eve: The Arrival or, Let’s Get This Party Started Right!


Arrived at my posh hotel to find that my room wasn’t all that posh, but it was still nice, and most importantly-free. Also, it did have a beautiful view of the Washington Monument, and other historic D.C. sites. I Settled into my room, and took a quick nap.

The conference wasn’t due to start until the next day, so I had made arrangements with Sisely to do something in the Adam’s Morgan district. For those of you who don’t know, Adam’s Morgan is a famous and cool street lined with eateries, shops, and clubs of all ethnicities.

Sisely wanted to go Salsa dancing, but I wasn’t in the mood for it. Plus, it had been so long since I’d attempted Salsa that I wasn’t trying to shame myself or the dance, by trying to look like I knew what I was doing, when it would be painfully and embarrassingly clear to everyone that I didn’t.

Instead, we went to Dukem’s Ethiopian restaurant. The restaurant featured a live band and incredibly skilled and entertaining dancers. The food, atmosphere, and company were an excellent departure from my normal eating and entertainment choices in my current city of residence. I called it an early night around 11:00. For, tomorrow was really when the excitement would begin, and I needed to be well rested.

...to be continued

Copyright 2006

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License. No part(s) of the stories contained within this blog may be redistributed commercially without prior written authorization from the author.